New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation’s (NYFRF) is looking for a Legislative Chaplain to provide pastoral support primarily to the 213 Members of the New York State Legislature.
The right individual will be an organized and professional individual with ten or more years of ministry experience, willing to take initiative, strong in time-management and communication skills, and one who demonstrates fidelity to the Word of God, a passion for prayer, evangelism and discipleship.
This is an influential role that will require confidentiality and the ability to relate to people from different ethnic, geographic, religious and political backgrounds. Maintaining an atmosphere of respect and unity among a diverse group of individuals is incumbent to the position. Developing personal relationships with legislators will be key in establishing and maintaining an effective ministry.
The Legislative Chaplain will facilitate weekly legislative Bible studies and times of fellowship, organize seminars and retreats, spearhead prayer initiatives, provide counseling and network with others in the Capitol.
This is a part-time position reporting directly to the President.
The Legislative Chaplain will be responsible for:
- Providing a pastoral presence in the New York State Capitol;
- Offering spiritual support to legislative members and staff who serve in the Capitol;
- Facilitating weekly Bible studies;
- Preparing the spiritual soil with focused prayer;
- Scheduling meetings with legislators and their staff, and making sure all material is prepared for those meetings;
- Communicating the impact of NYFRF’s work in person, over the phone, via text, on social media, and through email in a professional manner;
- Supplying regular written reports on the progress and impact of the ministry, with photos; and
- Developing deep and supportive relationships with legislative members.
- 10 or more years of pastoral or other ministry experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Must be able to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Creative, not afraid of bringing new ideas to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think and focus on both the immediate and long-term.
- The ideal individual adapts to changes and deals easily with managing unexpected events.
- Must be willing to accept a job offer contingent upon background check.
Other Position Desires:
- Fluent in Spanish or Chinese.
- Resides in close proximity to the Capitol.
- Bible college or seminary degree.
- Copies of diplomas and/or other certificates
- References (3) with e-mail addresses and phone numbers
- Statement of Faith
Please send resume and cover letter with other required documents to the President, Jason J. McGuire, at Jason@NewYorkFamilies.org. No phone calls please.
Submissions will be received through May 31, 2019.
Due to the large volume of resumes received, we may be unable to personally acknowledge each one. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted. NYFRF does not keep resumes on file, nor accept resumes for positions that are not currently open.