Before we turn out the lights on 2022, we want to thank the thousands of donors across the state who are assuring that our work will enter 2023 fiscally strong. With hours left before the New Year’s Eve ball drops, we’re only $66,785.28 away from meeting our budget goal. Thank you for donating toward this need. Every dollar matters, and, combined with the generosity of others, really adds up!
For a non-profit organization like New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation, year-end giving has an outsized influence on what we can accomplish in the following year because so much of our budget is realized in the final days of the current calendar year. So, to those who have already given—thank you!
If you haven’t given yet, you may be wondering what your year-end donation will accomplish in 2023. Here is a short list:
- Starting next week, we’ll be on the ground and walking the halls of the State Capitol reestablishing relationships with returning lawmakers and introducing ourselves to new ones. While there are other organizations advocating for similar issues, no one maintains the personal connections with lawmakers like we do.
- As your watchdog, we’ll keep an ear to the ground and alert you to any credible legislative threats to life, family, or religious liberty. (You can learn more about what we have an eye on by perusing our 2022 Legislative Session in Review.)
- Statewide prayer calls focused on intercession for our state and its governmental leaders resume on January 10, 2023.
- Our ministry’s Legislative Bible Study begins meeting in person again in mid-January.
- The legal fight for the rights of churches to oversee armed security teams will be pressed until either we reach resolution with the state, or the courts intervene.
- In the Spring, we look forward to hosting a pastor’s conference that will help shepherds throughout New York better understand and help congregants walk through the sexual brokenness we see throughout our culture.
- In May, it’s the return of our largest in-person event of the year. We expect 1,500 to be in the State Capitol for Legislative Day 2023. We’re also preparing for a major announcement to be made at that event.
- In July, members of our team will be meeting with state and national allies to strategize best practices for advancing our values in the current political and cultural climate.
- August means holding NYFRF’s Campaign Academy that trains social conservatives to run for elected office.
- By Fall, we’ll be fanning out across New York hosting issue-focused seminars in many of New York’s major population centers. We anticipate thousands of attendees at these events.
As you can see, 2023 is going to be big! So, if you share our vision for a state where God is honored, religious freedom flourishes, families thrive and life is cherished., please consider supporting our work with your most generous year-end donation.
You are not alone in holding the values that you do. Neither are we. Thank you for standing with us.