The mission of New Yorker's Family Research Foundation (NYFRF) is to influence legislation and legislators for the Lord Jesus Christ. As such, NYFRF views the Bible as the Word of God; as an organization, we endeavor to conform our actions to the Bible’s teachings. In the sixth chapter of Luke, Christ said, “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. . . . Do to others as you would have them do to you” (Luke 6:27b-29, 31).
Following the command of Christ, NYFRF expects each of our employees, volunteers, supporters, and participants to abide by the principles contained in this Statement of Nonviolence in connection with all of NYFRF's activities:
- Uphold the sanctity of innocent human life.
- Show Christian charity toward all persons and groups with whom we interact, even when we disagree with them.
- Respect those in authority (Romans 13:1).
- Recognize that hatred is not an option.
- Use only nonviolent means, including prayer, education, and negotiation, to work toward our goals.
- Refrain from using slurs, foul language, slander, or false accusations against any person or group of people.
- Refrain from retaliating or using violence against anyone—including those who may inflict violence or verbal abuse upon us—unless force is necessary to defend ourselves or someone else from bodily harm.
Oppose unlawful acts of violence against anyone, including acts of violence committed against abortion providers or abortion advocates and acts of violence committed against persons involved in same-sex relationships or behaviors and/or transgendered behavior.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
– The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.