Serving On The School Board
At New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation, we have a strong desire to see an increase among the Christian community of those willing to serve on their local school boards. In partnership with the Teaching and Learning Institute, we’re offering an introductory class pertaining to running for and serving on the school board. Topics will include:
- What is the school board?
- What does the school board do?
- What are the qualifications for board membership?
- What qualities does a good school board member possess?
- How much time is required to serve?
- How does one become a candidate?
- Why should I consider running for school board?
- What does a campaign timeline look like?
The class instructor will be Dr. Ralph Kerr, Founder and President of the Teaching and Learning Institute.
There is no charge for this class, but pre-registration is required.
A continental breakfast will be provided.