As I pen these words, we’re only 49 days away from Election Day.
It’s a pivotal moment for America. It’s why your support is so important.
Our organization consistently provides the most comprehensive voter guide you can find in New York State. Currently, our team is researching several hundred candidates across the Empire State. Presidential, Congressional, State Senate and State Assembly races are to be included in our 2020 online voter guide, which will be released in early October.
Duane Motley, New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation’s founder and lobbyist with our public policy arm, New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms, would often say, “I can only work with what you send me.” That sentiment still rings true today. The policies to be implemented and the legislation that will be enacted NEXT year, are reflected in the candidates elected THIS November. NOW, is the best time to make a difference in New York and the nation.
Your tax-deductible donation of $49 will reach 1,435 voters with vital information pertinent to this election. You set the course for what happens next. Your gift of $98 will be used to inform 2,870 like-minded voters. How many voters will you reach this Election?
We still need donors who can give $1000, $5,000 and even $10,000 to undergird the research and technology needed to provide this voting guide, but when the work is complete, it’s only as good as the number of voters we can get the information before. If people don’t see the candidate’s positions on the issues, if they aren’t voting informed, then the research and technology doesn’t matter.
Before your vote, how would you like to know where presidential and congressional candidates stand on:
- Kate’s Law, which would increase criminal penalties for deported aliens who illegally enter (or attempt to enter) the United States and extend prison terms for criminal aliens who illegally enter (or attempt to enter) the United States?
- The Background Check Expansion Act, which would require background checks for all firearm sales (including private sales and online sales)?
- The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (PCUCPA), which would ban abortions after 20 weeks’ gestation except in cases of rape, incest, or endangerment to the life of the mother?
- The Equality Act, which would ban discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity in places of public accommodation?
Before you head to the polls, how would you like to know where state legislative candidates stand on:
- A proposal to legalize and tax the purchase of marijuana for recreational use?
- A proposal to require children to be vaccinated against the human papillomavirus (HPV), and to bar children from attending school if they have not been vaccinated against HPV?
- A proposal to legalize prostitution?
- A proposal to legalize physician-assisted suicide, also referred to as aid in dying?
- The 2019 law known as the Reproductive Health Act, which authorized third-trimester abortions in certain circumstances and removed a ban on non-physicians performing abortions?
All this and MORE is included in our 2020 online voter guide.
Will you help me reach more voters? Can I count on your tax-deductible donation? If so, please mail your check made payable to: NYFRF, PO Box 131, Spencerport, NY 14559-0131 or contribute online here.
Thank you for helping our organization provide these resources to churches and individuals throughout our state.
In His Service,
Jason J. McGuire